The following criteria is based on the previous experience from Go Grow, advice from
investors and their criteria when evaluating Startups, and on an evaluation of selection criteria in benchmarked accelerators internationally.
We are looking for the following:
- Startup companies with a more developed product or even functional prototype and who are focused on pushing these products onto the market to establish revenue sources, either with the long-term goal of liquidation via either IPO or acquisition by large corporations, or with an organically growth-oriented strategy. This means we are mainly looking for startups with the above characteristics, as opposed to early-stage entrepreneurs who are still developing their product and businesses.
- Startup companies are invited to move to the CSE and ”live” in the accelerator for the duration of the program; as startups may not only be benefitting from the more ‘formal’ aspects (e.g. mentorship, networking), but also from the entrepreneurial culture and synergistic environment of their fellow startups.
This means we are preferring startups that are willing to move to the CSE, or in some other way will have a team here.
- Startups are expected to participate in the the program, including both:
A) The networking events (e.g. office hours/ dinners with mentors/ investors) organized for the startups to establish necessary connections,
B) The overall business development, and
C) The Demo Day, which is an opportunity for Startups to present their product to potential investors at the culmination of the program.
This means we prefer Startups, who are prepared to commit to the program.
- We are a nonprofit Business Accelerator, as it is financed by CBS, in order to provide support services for international growth for student startups and technology development as well as stimulate industries in the long term, but also to collect and share knowledge of how to grow Danish startups internationally. This means we are looking for Startup companies that are accepting to participate in evaluation,interviews with the Go Grow management, engage in blogging about the process, and the experience at the CSE and the Go Grow programme.
• Is the product scalable?
• What does it take to make it grow?
• The geography
• Who are the clients?
• What is their ”pain” or need?
• The idea/big picture?
• Is there any IP rights?
• How will they sell?
• Where is the market?
• What is the size of the market?
• What is the turn over at the market?
• Their personal strengths and weaknesses
• Their match as a team
• Their ambitions, drive, energy, discrepancies, competences, limitations
• Their attitude
• Their cooperation
• Rent and others